My neighbor recommended Gazpacho Soup to me when she found out I as vegetarian. I have to be honest…..I did not know what Gazpacho was. So I simply asked her to provide me the recipe and when she did it was Love at first Read. I knew after reading the recipe that this was going to be tasty!!
This soup taste better the next 1 or 2 days later so make this in advance and let the flavors marinate. I prepared it on Sunday…my meal prep day so I could enjoy during the week.
This soup is meant to eat cold but I prefer mine at room temperature with avocado on top. Because nothing taste right without avocados.
- 1¼ lbs. yellow tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic peeled
- 1 large yellow pepper seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 c. whole kernel corn fresh or frozen
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 1 t. fresh ginger finely minced
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2/3 c. coconut milk plus extra for garnish
- 2 T. fresh chives finely chopped
- Working in batches, if necessary, add tomatoes, garlic, yellow pepper, and corn to a high-powered blender. Blend on high speed until smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer blended vegetables to a large high-sided skillet or pot set over medium heat. Stir in the maple syrup, ginger, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Remove from heat and cool completely before stirring in the coconut milk. Transfer to an airtight container to chill, preferably overnight.
- Remove soup from refrigerator and transfer to individual serving bowls. Garnish each bowl with a splash of coconut milk and fresh chives before serving.