This is hands down my favorite Best Homemade Salsa Recipe, and I don’t know that I’ll ever need another one. It just has the perfect ratio and blend of everything.
This homemade restaurant-style Salsa is one of my most frequently made recipes! It’s perfect served with tortilla chips or as a topping over your favorite Mexican food, like tacos, burritos, taquitos and so forth. The best party food around especially during football and Cinco de Mayo. This is a must-have snack to add to your collection!
The best salsa is made with fresh tomatoes, especially when you use nicely ripened in season tomatoes.
- 2 lbs. fresh tomatoes divided
- ½ large jalapeño seeded, divided
- ½ large white onion divided
- ½ c. fresh cilantro divided
- 2-3 large cloves garlic peeled
- ½ t. coarse sea salt
- 2-3 T. fresh lime juice
- Divide the tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro equally into two groups.
- Roughly chop one group and add to a high-powered blender or food processor, along with the garlic. Sprinkle with sea salt and pulse until the tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, and garlic are thoroughly combined, but not completely liquified. Transfer to a large, non-reactive bowl and set aside.
- Finely dice the remaining tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro, and add to the bowl with the tomato mixture. Add the fresh lime juice and stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt and fresh lime juice, if desired.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerator overnight to allow the flavors to mingle.