I have dry skin so I absolutely love slathering myself with Palmers Cocoa Butter after a nice warm bath. It make my skin feels so smooth and soft. But the cost of Palmers is not cheap so I wanted to make my own. After searching the web I came across this recipe for Homemade Whipped Body Butter on Wellness Mama Blog and decided to whip up a batch.
It was easy to make. I actually saved my Palmers Cocoa Butter containers and placed my homemade Cocoa Butter in that. I must say I’m impressed with how this Cocoa Butter makes my skin feel. I love this more than the Palmers. It goes on kinda oily but it dries quickly, then afterwards my skin feels as soft as a baby.
- ½ cup Shea Butter
- ½ cup Raw Organic Cocoa Butter
- ½ cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ cup light oil like Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil – Extra Virgin or Organic Jojoba Oil
- Optional: Essential Oil Gift Set
for scent- I like using 10-30 drops depending on the essential oils used. Peppermint and Citrus/Lavender and favorites at our house.Instructions
- In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Move to fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept at the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.