The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Bypass roasting the butternut squash with this Smooth, creamy, and super comforting curried Butternut Squash Soup recipe. Let your slow cooker do the work instead. Just load up all the ingredients into the crock pot, set it and forget it for an easy, healthy dinner or packable lunches.
To make ahead: Refrigerate soup for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Slow Cooker
- 6 c. butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 large apple peeled and cubed
- 1 large pear peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 1 medium leek sliced 1 t. cinnamon ½ t. allspice 1 T. curry powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 c. vegetable stock preferably organic
- ½ c. coconut yogurt
- 4 oz. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 T. fresh parsley finely chopped
- Add butternut squash, apple, pear, carrots, and leek to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker crock. Sprinkle the curry powder, cinnamon, and all-spice on top and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Pour the vegetable broth over the vegetables and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When cook time is complete, remove lid and cool slightly before pureeing with an immersion blender. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, carefully transfer the vegetables in batches to a blender or food processor to process until smooth).
- Add the coconut yogurt to the pureed mixture in the slow cooker crock. Stir until the coconut yogurt is thoroughly incorporated into the soup.
- To serve, transfer the soup into individual serving bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seeds and some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!