Spiced pear baked oatmeal
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup diced pears (about 1 pear)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine the oats, spices, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Beat the egg in a second bowl. Stir in the milk, vanilla, and syrup, then pour the wet mixture into the oat mixture. Fold in the pears.
- Spray a square baking dish with oil or cooking spray. Pour oatmeal into the baking dish and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until set and beginning to brown. Serve immediately or, if freezing, allow the oatmeal to cool, then cut it into 6 to 8 pieces (the pieces hold together better after cooling!).
To reheat from frozen, heat the oatmeal in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until heated through or bake in the oven at 350ºF for about 15 minutes.
Read more at http://ohmyveggies.com/recipe-spiced-pear-baked-oatmeal/#SYymReWws5YdZ5lB.99