- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Crush garlic clove and place in food processor
- Add black beans, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper; process until smooth.
- Add enough of the reserved liquid (1 tablespoon at a time) from the beans to reach desired consistency, pulsing after each addition.
- Serve with tortillas, crackers or sliced vegetables.